This would be especially helpful for ongoing forecasting activities.
This is great! It works for me so far in the service, but not on desktop (not listed in preview features). Will it be added to desktop as well? That's where I often do exploratory analysis. Thanks!
Thank you for the release. The export works, but can be improved on several aspects:
- if you export a table that contains columns and measures from different tables, the columns are not reported in the same order as in the visualization, but columns from one table are reported first, then there are the columns of the next table, and so on
- if conditional formatting is used for some fields of a table, when exporting the table, a column containing the value of the measure used for conditional formatting is also shown
- the names with which the columns are exported are those of the original table and not those established in the visualization
- if a matrix contains more than one row in the header (for example turnover 2021, turnover 2020, turnover 2019) and has the months as columns, once the table has been exported, the rows of the header are translated and become columns, developing the table horizontally
- If the fields contained in the matrix/table are decimal numbers formatted to have two decimal places, once exported they maintain the formatting of the original column (with many more decimals)
- The colors are not maintained, but this is rightly specified when you do the export.
I hope you find these tips useful for future updates. Thank you.
Microsoft Please!! Been waiting for this feature quite long. Can't see it yet. Please make it happen soon
I have updated my Power BI to the Version: 2.99.621.0 64-bit (November, 2021)
and the feature is not available into the list of Preview Features under Options menu.
Is there other place where this preview feature can be turned on for my usage?
I spoke with a MS tech today who said she got notification that this feature was coming and that she expected we may see it as soon as this week.
i think preview was expected in October itself, what is the update on this?
We are trying to move a lot of our reporting in Power BI and this is a huge inconvenient. Looking forward for this update release.
Would love to see this right away. Please send the update!
Any time now.....
When can we have this feature
Administrator on 5/13/2023 12:04:57 PM
Feature has been released in public preview.